Recertification protect the investment you made in becoming a certified professional and keep your knowledge level current. Re-certify now so that your JA certification doesn’t expire. If your certification lapses, you will have to re-apply for certification and re-take the proctored exam again.
RECERTIFICATION EXAM PRICING
$35 per exam, for employees of JA Member Stores
*NEW: Certification exams are now available online.
$55 per exam, for Non-JA Member
RECERTIFICATION EXAMS IS AVAILABLE IN FOUR DESIGNATIONS
JA Certified Sales Professional (CSP) Level 1: entry-level jewelry sales personnel with about one year’s experience.
JA Certified Senior Sales Professional (CSSP) Level 2: moderate to advanced sales skills and knowledge of a jewelry sales professional. Completion of CSP Level 1 is required.
JA Certified Management Professional (CMP) Level 1: entry-level jewelry management personnel with about one year’s experience; reflective of what is commonly needed to manage stores in a multi-unit operation.
JA Certified Senior Management Professional (CSMP) Level 2: managers independently owned stores, who must address concerns such as financing, advertising and pricing. Completion of Level 1 CMP is required.
HOW TO GET RECERTIFIED
- Register for the JA Certified Professional Recertification Exam.
- After registration is processed, Jewelers of America will send (via email) the exam link, password, and instructions for each certification candidate.
- An internet enabled device with good internet connection is need to access the exam.
- Each exam must be taken in one sitting within a one-hour time limit. The online exam has a timer and will close when the one-hour has expired.
- Candidate must pass the exam with a minimum grade of 75%.
- Email [email protected] to let Jewelers of America know the exam is completed.